Maria Luisa Salcines is a certified parent educator and parent coach for The Academy of Parenting Education and Coaching. She works with school districts as a consultant giving workshops and parenting classes in Redirecting Children’s Behavior, and Redirecting for a Cooperative Classroom.
Mrs. Salcines is an instructor trainer and can certify individuals interested in becoming parent educators.
These lectures are designed to be presented to groups of ten and over. Each talk lasts 1- 1 1/2 hrs. All 25 of them are soundly based in Adlerian principles. They co-inside with and are introductions to the foundations taught in the Redirecting Children’s Behavior parenting course. Handouts are provided to help clarify the information covered.
All workshops are offered in English and Spanish. For fees contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Balancing Work and Family-Learn how to nurture yourself and your family so that your family supports your work. Find the Balance.
2. Balancing Love and Discipline-Introduces the concepts of kind and firm, unconditional love, and the value of more actions and less talk.
3. Consequences that Work-Introduces the concepts of natural and logical consequences and how parents/teachers/caretakers can use them.
4. Creating Cooperative Families- How to create a cooperative family/classroom atmosphere and what to do when there is a lack of cooperation.
5. Effective Parent-Child Communication- Introduces the concepts of active listening, Genuine Encounters, handling feelings, conflict resolution.
6. Enhancing Children’s Self Esteem- Demonstrates ten methods of discipline while instilling high self esteem.
7. Getting in Step with Step-Parenting- Learn how to work cooperatively with your ex and peacefully blend families.
8. Handling Aggressive Children (Birth through Six)- Explore developmental and learned aspects of aggression and 15 actions you can teach to correct this behavior.
9. Handling Sibling Rivalry- There is a difference between sibling rivalry and sibling conflict. Shows how to identify and redirect each behavior.
10. How to Turn Terrible Two into Terrific Two- Lots of developmental information and redirections for the mistaken goals of power and attention can make difficult time wonderful.
11. “If You Don’t Stop Crying ....” Children’s Emotions and How to Handle Them- Understanding of the effects of feeling stoppers and feeling encouragers. How to work with children’s emotions in each developmental stage in a way that teaches healthy expression.
12. “No I Won’t and You Can’t Make Me!” Effectively handling Power Struggles- How to recognize and disengage from power struggle and what to do to lessen them in the future.
13. “That’s it, You’re Grounded!” Parent-Teen Communication- How to effectively communicate with your teen, set clear boundaries, and understand the changing dynamics between parent/teen.
14. The Parenting Team- Discover the underlying conflict of couple’s disagreements on parenting and learn how to create peaceful resolution.
15. Raising a Child With God- Show how using RCB principles can assist parents in the spiritual and religious development of their children.
16. Take The Hassles Out Of Homework- Lessen the power struggles, teach responsibility and goal setting and new ways to encourage and self-motivate children.
17. Tame Those Tantrums- The concept of how less power means more. Teach how to diagnose tantrums and prevent them.
18. Teaching Children Self Control- Within developmental guidelines, show how it is the caretaker’s job to assist the child in learning how to control and appropriately express feelings and desires.
19. Tell Them What To Do, Not What Not To Do- Teaches how a small shift in speech and language can create more cooperative, responsible children.
20. What to Do When Your Children Drive You Crazy- Learn alternatives to nagging, yelling, threatening, and fighting while modeling self control and self care.
21. Asking For What You Want- Demonstrates how to understand and overcome this difficulty and how successful negotiating skills.
22. Couples Communication- Skills to Create Closeness- how to listen, how to be heard and how to have fun!
23. Creating Teamwork- The Underlying concepts of teamwork and how to make it happen at home, in the community, and on the job.
24. Keeping Yourself Encouraged and Spreading it around- shows how to encourage both yourself and those around you to achieve more in every area in life.
25. Resolving Conflict- Demonstrates the power of conflict resolution and negotiating to a win-win resolution.
Maria Luisa Salcines, Director Redirecting Children’s Behavior of the Rio Grande Valley Contact: email@example.com
Redirecting Children’s Behavior Course Description
This is a powerful course that teaches practical parenting skills. Participants learn the following in a supportive, non-judgmental, and loving atmosphere.
Redirecting for a Cooperative Classroom Course Description
Being a teacher can be frustrating when you have students who are unmotivated, break the rules, and who do not participate in class.
This course teaches you how to: